On any given day in a family medical practice, you likely serve patients of all ages with a variety of acute and chronic problems, where you work between diagnosis and management and have to communicate effectively and manage your records and staff. NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review, a comprehensive question bank built on an online adaptive learning platform, was developed with busy clinicians like you in mind.
Relevant Content Backed by Experts
Designed to support you in your continuous lifelong learning goals and prepare you for your ABFM exam, Family Medicine Board Review has been prepared according to exacting editorial standards to exceed your expectations.
NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review is relevant to the ABFM exam — the question bank and practice exams reflect the ABFM blueprint — and are also relevant to your clinical practice, offering learning and feedback that will help you handle the real-world challenges in your practice.
NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review offers you the most accurate and relevant materials:
- Created and rigorously reviewed by our panel of nearly 300 clinicians from leading medical centers, as well as dozens of primary care and subspecialty expert reviewers.
- Based on the best evidence available, with links to further reading from many sources, including guidelines, review articles, cases, and original research — in addition we provide free links to New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) review articles and cases normally available only to NEJM subscribers.
- Carefully reviewed and edited by family physicians who are teachers and active clinicians with firsthand knowledge of the day-to-day challenges that family physicians face.
A Learning Product That Adapts to Your Study Needs
NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review uses adaptive learning technology to quickly assess the subjects you know well and identify the areas where you need reinforcement. It then delivers more of what you need and less of what you already know. Adaptive learning enables you to spend your time efficiently, focusing on what you need to learn and review.
Developed in partnership with Area9 Learning, a global leader in adaptive learning, our solution is the first in the field to incorporate this emerging technology based on the best evidence regarding how people absorb and retain knowledge.
Earn Credits While You Learn
You deserve full credit for the time and effort that you commit to your professional development. With Family Medicine Board Review, you can earn up to 270 AAFP Prescribed credits with easy reporting by date that lets you keep track of what you’ve earned. PAs (physician assistants) can earn up to 20.00 AAPA Category 1 Self-Assessment CME credits toward certification maintenance.
Get the Feedback You Need to Continuously Improve
NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review tracks and reports your progress and performance, so that you’ll be able to:
- Set your goals for study, along with timelines for achieving specific milestones
- Find out how you’re performing and — if you’re working toward a clear goal — whether you’re on schedule to meet your predefined goals
- Identify which specialties you’re finding most challenging, as well as which topics within each specialty need more focus
- Define the learning objectives you need to work on
- Determine your level of confidence with the information
As your proficiency steadily improves and you gain an understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, you can approach the exam and your daily clinical practice with true confidence.
In your reports, you’ll be able to see how you’re doing by discipline, decision focus, patient age, location, and urgency of care, and identify where you have a gap between self-confidence and ability.
Develop Your Knowledge Base
Watch a video introduction to NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review by Senior Reviewer Mark T. Nadeau, MD, MBA, FAAFP.
Take Practice Exams to Build Confidence for Exam Day
NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review offers two practice exams as another measure to track your performance and help you prepare for your exam. The practice test questions are designed to align with ABFM exam questions and to common, relevant, and challenging clinical scenarios.
Here’s how NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review practice exams prepare you for exam day:
- Each exam offers 60 questions in a timed 2-hour online test that mirrors the format of the boards, so you’ll be ready for the real thing — a pause feature allows you to step away if you like.
- Practice exams include key elements of feedback once you complete the exam:
- How you performed in each focus area
- How your performance compared with others
- Important learning points
- Detailed feedback and citations
- You can use the practice exams at any point in your exam preparation, depending on how you work best—it’s up to you!
- Use the exam before you begin preparing, to evaluate and direct where you want to start learning in the product.
- Try the practice exam after initial studying, to assess yourself partway through the learning.
- Use the practice exam at the end of your preparation, to get your timing down the week before your boards.
- See how your results compare with those of your peers.
Learn on Your Schedule — Whenever & Wherever It Works for You
NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review doesn’t just adapt to your performance — it adapts to your lifestyle. The format of bite-size questions, rather than large chapters and reviews, allows you to fit it in anytime — even when you only have a minute or two.
Use Family Medicine Board Review on a tablet to enjoy all the functionality of the desktop version on the go. Or, focus on the question modules and Recharge feature by using your smartphone (these versions are optimized for the smaller screen).
NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review is available for you on your time — whether it’s in line at the supermarket, in the parking lot while waiting for your child’s soccer practice to let out, or during an unplanned minute between patients.
For a closer look, watch this demo.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review
The Massachusetts Medical Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of 270 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Prescribed Credit
This enduring material activity, NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 270 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of credit begins February 1, 2017. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA CME Credit (NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review)
This Self-Assessment CME program has been reviewed and is approved for a maximum of 20.00 AAPA Category 1 Self-Assessment CME credits by the Physician Assistant Review Panel. Approval is valid for one year from the release date of 02/01/2017. Physician Assistants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This program was planned in accordance with AAPA’s CME Standards.
For NCCPA certification maintenance ONLY, NCCPA will now apply an additional 50% weighting when these self-assessment credits are logged for NCCPA certification maintenance purposes. PAs should log up to a maximum of 20.00 AAPA Category 1 Self-Assessment CME credits, as the additional weighting will be automatically applied by the NCCPA.