Adaptive learning delivering gold-standard questions and thoughtful feedback provides optimal remediation and lifelong learning opportunities
NEJM Knowledge+ is for you, whether you have already identified a gap in your clinical knowledge or not. It uses adaptive learning technology to quickly assess the subjects you know well and identify the areas where you need reinforcement. Adaptive learning enables you to spend your time efficiently, focusing on what you need to learn and review.
Our family of products — NEJM Knowledge+ Internal Medicine Board Review, NEJM Knowledge+ Family Medicine Board Review, and NEJM Knowledge+ Pediatrics Board Review — are designed to help primary care clinicians develop and deepen their knowledge and improve insight into their own learning.
Available for purchase in their entirety or, in the case of Internal Medicine and Family Medicine, by individual specialty module.
Why Adaptive Learning?
Adaptive learning harnesses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to customize an educational or training experience according to an individual’s needs, goals, and capabilities.
The hallmarks of adaptive learning include the ability to:
- Provide personalized experiences
- Measure and adjust to a learner’s strengths and weaknesses
- Capture user patterns around engagement, timing, and confidence
- Exercise flexibility based on variations that occur from person to person, but also those that occur within one individual’s experience
- Demonstrate improvement in competence, knowledge, and performance
All these elements work together in real time, for a continuously evolving, personalized experience for each learner — in an authentic adaptive learning platform, no two users will experience the program in the same way.
Authentic adaptive learning: The NEJM Knowledge+ approach
NEJM Knowledge+ combines sophisticated adaptive learning technology with gold-standard content that is specially developed for an adaptive platform, creating an authentic adaptive learning experience that features:
- Continuous assessment of performance and confidence to build knowledge and guard against memory decay
- Content that was specifically developed to work with the adaptive learning environment, including board review cases and questions
- Personalized delivery and pacing, enabling learners to focus on areas that need reinforcement
- Algorithms that are continually refined and improved to monitor and calculate individual performance over time, creating a richer, more tailored learning experience for each user
Instead of trying to fit learners into a prescribed mold, we have created an authentic adaptive learning platform that molds to our users’ abilities, learning patterns, goals, and needs. This enables physicians to refresh and reinforce basic medical knowledge. In this way, NEJM Knowledge+ does more than just help physicians with board preparation. It meets the goal of adaptive learning: to deliver a powerful, engaging learning experience, which promotes the lifelong development of knowledge that is essential in the ever-changing world of medicine.